The humpback is characterized by spherical posterior deformation of the spinal coloumn. Office workers at middle or old age are often affected by this syndrome if they pay little attention to their working posture. Therefore, measures must be taken when early signs appear. First of all, a correct sitting posture is important. In addition, the following exercises can be practised to correct deformation.
1) Lie on the back. Support the body with occiput and both elbows and throw out the chest. Inhale when throwing out the chest and exhale when lowering the body. Repeat 10 to 20 times.
2) Lie on the back with hands resting on the sides of the body. Raise the head and shoulders. Inhale when raising and exhale when lowering. Repeat 10 to 20 times.
3) Lie on the back, with the hands resting on the sides of the body. Raise the head and shoulders, remaining in this position for 10 seconds. Then lower the body. Repeat again after a short break. Do this 5 to 8 times.
4) Lie face downwards, supporting the body with both arms and toes. First, contract the abdomen and raise the anus, forming an arch. Then lower the buttocks, waist and make the lower abdomen touch the bed. At last, raise the head and throw out the chest. Repeat 10 to 20 times.
1) Put the interlaced fingers of both hands at the back of the neck and close both elbows as much as possible. Then expand them outward and vibrate backward slightly. Meanwhile, throw out the chest. Repeat 10 to 20 times.
2) Put the interlaced fingers of both hands at the back of the neck and bend the waist to the maximal extent. Then straighten the waist and raise the head to the maximal extent, so as to increase the activities of the spinal column. Repeat 10 to 20 times.
3) Raise the arms to the shoulder height in front of the body with palms down and clench the hands. Do the chest-expanding exercise and raise the head, contract the abdomen and throw out the chest at the same time. Repeat 10 to 20 times.
4) Cross the hands, extend the waist and throw out the chest rhythmically, following your inhalation. Exhale when returning to the original position.
The above movements should be done twice a day, 10 to 15 minutes each time. Generally, good results can be achieved in 3 to 6 months.
Was this article helpful?