THE BIOPLASMIC BODY interpenetrates the visible physical body and extends beyond it by four to five inches. This invisible luminous energy field which follows the contour of the visible physical body is called the inner aura. (See'figure 2a on page 10.) In The Human Aura, Kilner writes:
The idea of a human aura, a radiating luminous cloud surrounding the body, is an ancient one. Sacred images from the early Egypt, India, Greece, and Rome used this convention before it became so popular in Christian art, and before the aura was considered an attribute of ordinary everyday mortals. . . . For centuries it has been believed that clairvoyant people could actually see an aura surrounding ordinary individuals, and this aura differed from person to person in color and character, expressing the health, emotional and spiritual attributes of the subject. The visionary Swedenborg wrote in his Spiritual Diary: There is a spiritual sphere surrounding everyone as well as a natural and corporeal one.2
2W. J. Kilner, The Human Aura (York Beach, ME: Samuel Weiser, 1976). Now out of print.
When the bioplasmic body becomes sick, it may be caused partially by general or localized depletion of prana in the bioplasmic body. This is called pranic depletion. The inner aura of the affected part is reduced to about two inches or less. For example, persons with nearsightedness usually have pranic depletion around the eye areas. The inner aura around the eye area may be smaller than two inches. However, there are cases in which an eye may suffer pranic depletion and congestion simultaneously. The more severe the sickness, the smaller is the affected inner aura. I have seen cases in which the affected inner aura had been reduced to half an inch or less. You can learn to feel the inner auras with your palms in two to four sessions by following the instructions in this book. Feeling the auras is called scanning.
Sickness may also be caused by prolonged excess prana in localized areas. This is called pranic congestion. The affected areas may protrude to about seven inches or more. In more severe cases, the affected inner aura may protrude to two-and-a-half feet or more. For instance, a person suffering from heart enlargement has pranic congestion around the heart, left shoulder, and upper left arm. The affected areas may protrude to about one foot in thickness.
In pranic depletion and congestion, the surrounding fine meridians or bioplasmic channels are partially or severelyblocked. This means prana cannot flow freely in and out around the affected area. Clairvoyantly, these affected areas are seen as light to dark gray in color. If the affected areas are inflamed, then they appear as muddy red; with some cancer cases, they appear as muddy yellow; with appendicitis, as muddy green; and with some cases of ear problems, as muddy orange.
The bioplasmic rays project perpendicularly from the surface of the physical body. These rays are called health rays and they interpenetrate the inner aura. The sum of these health rays is called the health aura. (See figure 2b.) The health aura follows the contour of the visible physical body
and functions as a protective force field that shields the whole body from germs and diseased bioplasmic matter in the surroundings. Toxins, wastes, germs, and diseased bioplasmic matter are expelled by the health rays predominantly through the pores. If a person is weakened, the health rays droop and are partially entangled. (See figure 3 on page 11.) Then the whole body becomes susceptible to infection. The capacity of the health rays to expel toxins, wastes, germs, and diseased bioplasmic matter is also greatly diminished. Healing is facilitated by strengthening and disentangling the health rays.
Beyond the health aura is another luminous energy field called the outer aura. (See figure 2a.) It interpenetrates the inner and health auras and usually extends about three feet away from the visible physical body. It is usually multicolored and shaped like an inverted egg. Its colors are influenced by the physical, emotional, and mental states of the person. Clairvoyantly, it is observed that some sick people have holes in their outer auras through which prana leaks out. Therefore, the outer aura can be considered as a force field which contains or prevents the leaking out of pranic energy. In a sense, it acts as a container or bottle for the subtle energies.
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE BIOPLASMIC BODY AND THE PHYSICAL BODY
Both the bioplasmic body and the visible physical body are so closely related that what affects one affects the other and vice versa. For instance, if the bioplasmic throat is weakened then it may manifest on the visible physical body as a cough, cold, sore throat, tonsilitis or other throat related problems. Should a person accidentally slash his or her skin, there is a corresponding pranic leak in the area where there is bleeding. Initially, the affected area where there is a cut or sprain would become temporarily brighter due to pranic leak but would inevitably become grayish due to pranic depletion. If any part of the bioplasmic body is weakened due to either pranic congestion or depletion, the visible physical counterpart would either malfunction or become susceptible to infection. For example, a depleted solar plexus and liver may manifest as jaundice or hepatitis.
From these examples, it becomes quite clear that the bioplasmic body and the visible physical body affect each other. By healing the bioplasmic body, the visible physical body gets healed in the process. By regularly cleansing and energizing with prana, nearsighted eyes gradually improve and heal. A person with heart enlargement can be relieved in one or two sessions by simply decongesting the affected heart, shoulder, and upper left arm areas. Complete cure would take at least several months. By decongesting and energizing the head area, headaches can be removed in a few minutes.
Through clairvoyant observation, disease can be seen in the bioplasmic body even before it manifests itself on the visible physical body. Non-clairvoyants may scan or feel that the inner aura of the affected part is either smaller or bigger than usual. For instance, before a person suffers from colds and cough, the bioplasmic throat and lungs are pranically depleted and can be clairvoyantly observed as grayish. These areas, when scanned, can be felt as hollows in the inner aura. A person who is about to suffer from jaundice can be clairvoyantly observed as having grayishness over the solar plexus and the liver areas. Physical tests or diagnosis will show the patient as normal or healthy. Unless the patient is treated, the disease will inevitably manifest on the visible physical body.
For example, I had a patient who was a habitual drinker. Based on scanning, his solar plexus chakra (energy center) was depleted, a part of the liver was depleted and a part of the liver was congested. I told the patient that he had a liver problem and that it should be treated as soon as possible. The patient had a blood test and the medical finding showed that his liver was all right. As a result, he was hesitant to be treated. After several months, the patient suffered severe pain in the liver area and the medical finding showed that he had hepatitis. The disease must be treated before it manifests on the visible physical body. The emphasis is on prevention. It is a lot easier and faster to heal the disease when it is still in the bioplasmic body and has not yet manifested on the visible physical body. Manifestation of the disease can also be prevented by taking proper medication. In cases where the disease has manifested, healing should be applied as early as possible. The earlier pranic healing is applied, the faster is the rate of healing. Healing becomes more difficult if the disease has fully developed since it takes more time and more pranic energy. It is important that the disease must be treated as early as possible to ensure speedy recovery.
Chakras, or whirling energy centers, are very important parts of the bio-plasmic body. Just as the visible physical body has vital and minor organs, the bioplasmic body has major, minor, and mini chakras. Major chakras are whirling energy centers which are about three to four inches in diameter. They control and energize the major and vital organs of the visible physical body. Major chakras are just like power stations that supply vital energy to major and vital organs. When the power stations malfunction, the vital organs become sick or diseased because they do not have enough vital energy to operate properly! Minor chakras are about one to two inches in diameter. Mini chakras are smaller than one inch in diameter. Minor and mini chakras control and energize the less important parts of the visible physical body. The chakras interpenetrate and extend beyond the visible physical body. They have several important functions as follows:
1) They absorb, digest, and distribute prana to the different parts of the body.
2) The chakras control, energize, and are responsible for the proper functioning of the whole physical body and its different parts and organs. The endocrine glands are controlled and energized by some of the major chak-ras. The endocrine glands can be stimulated or inhibited by controlling or manipulating the major chakras. A lot of ailments are caused partially by malfunctioning of the chakras.
3) Some chakras are sites or centers of the psychic faculties. Activation of certain chakras (energy centers) may result in the development of certain psychic faculties. For example, one of the easiest and safest chakras to activate are the hand chakras. These are located at the center of the palms. By activating the hand chakras, one develops the ability to feel subtle energies and the ability to feel the outer, health, and inner auras. This can simply be accomplished by regularly concentrating on them. In this book, it is called sensitizing the hands.
We will discuss the basic chakras in more depth in the next chapter.
Uncontrolled emotions, inhibitions, and suppressed feelings such as anger, intense worry, prolonged irritation, inhibitions or suppressed emotions, and frustrations have undesirable potent effects on the bioplasmic body. For instance, anger and frustration results in pranic depletion around the solar plexus and abdominal areas or may manifest as pranic congestion around the solar plexus and heart area. In the first case, it manifests itself as indigestion or loose bowel movements. In the long run, it may manifest itself as ulcers or as a gall bladder problem. In the second case, it may manifest itself as a heart enlargement or other heart related problems. It seems that a certain type of negative emotion may manifest as a certain type of disease in one patient but may manifest as another type of disease in another.
Anger and intense worry devitalize the whole bioplasmic body so that the body becomes susceptible to all kinds of diseases. Negative emotions cause disturbances in the bioplasmic body so that the whole physical body becomes sick. You may have experienced that after an intense anger or an intense altercation, you felt physically exhausted or became sick. This is because both the bioplasmic and visible physical bodies are drained of prana and became susceptible to infection.
If the ailment is of emotional origin, the healer must not only give pranic healing but also psychological counselling. The patient should be asked to undergo a course in character building and to meditate regularly to help overcome these negative emotional tendencies. Through daily inner reflection and meditation, the patient would develop greater self-awareness and emotional maturity. These would greatly improve the ability to control and channel emotions, thus, vastly improving health. It should be noted that in this case, pranic healing will not produce a permanent cure unless there is a corresponding emotional change. It is like extinguishing a fire caused by an arsonist without bothering to catch the culprit. What is to prevent the arsonist from burning the house again once it has been rebuilt? The root cause of the disease must be removed so that permanent healing can take place.
Clairvoyants have observed that the visible physical body is patterned or molded after the bioplasmic body. The mind can intentionally or unintentionally influence the pattern of the bioplasmic body. Men well-versed in esoteric studies encourage their pregnant wives to look at beautiful things, to listen to harmonious music, to feel and think positively, to engage in serious studies, and to avoid the opposites. These activities affect not only the features of the unborn baby but also the emotional and mental potentialities and tendencies. If the influences are positive, then the effects are positive. If the influences are negative, then the effects are negative. Pregnant women should take note of this so they will be able to bear better children.
This idea that the mind can influence and actually mold the bioplasmic body to a certain degree is not new. There is a biblical story in Genesis that illustrates this point. This concerns the manner in which Jacob was able to successfully build up his own flock. Jacob had been working for his father-in-law, Laban, for approximately twenty years and yearned to establish himself financially. An agreement was made between Laban and Jacob that all goats born speckled, spotted, and striped and all lambs born black would belong to Jacob. Laban, being a shrewd businessman, that same day removed all the male goats that were streaked or spotted, and all the speckled or spotted female goats (all that had white on them), including all the dark-colored lambs. Genetically, it would be unlikely, if not very difficult, to breed the types of goats and lambs promised to Jacob.
Jacob, through the guidance of the Lord, "took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted" (Genesis 30:37-39). In this way, Jacob became very prosperous.
From this story, it becomes clear that what we see, feel, and think can influence the bioplasmic body, especially that of the unborn baby.
In the understanding of diseases, one should take into consideration the external and internal factors or the seen and unseen causes. External factors mean those physical factors which contribute to disease like germs, malnutrition, toxins, pollutants, lack of exercise, poor breathing habits, insufficient water intake, etc. Internal factors mean the emotional and bioplasmic factors which contribute to diseases, such as negative emotions, blocked meridians, pranic depletion and congestion, chakral malfunctioning, etc.
For instance, an emotional factor may lead to the weakening of the solar plexus chakra (a major energy center located at the solar plexus) and of the liver, plus an attack from the hepatitis virus or from toxins (such as carbon tetrachloride or phosphorus) will lead to a severe inflammation of the liver. The external factor is the virus or the toxin. The internal factors are the negative emotions and weakening of the solar plexus chakra and the liver that makes the liver vulnerable to viral infection.
If the solar plexus chakra and liver are in good condition, and if the person is of higher vitality, then the probability of contracting the disease is decreased. The body's defense mechanism or detoxifying and eliminating system would likely overcome the virus or the toxin.
The application of pranic healing would cleanse, strengthen, and gradually restore the solar plexus chakra and the liver to their normal conditions. This can be done with or without the aid of drugs.
Diseases may manifest under the following conditions:
1) Due to the presence of external and internal factors.
2) Due to the presence of an overwhelming internal factor only. For example, a person harboring intense anger and frustration may cause severe pranic congestion around the solar plexus chakra, and heart chakra in the long run. Even if this person were to watch his or her diet, he or she would still end up with a heart problem like heart enlargement. Another example: habitual tension or stress may result in pranic congestion around the eye area and, in the long run, may result in glaucoma. (Note: Not all glaucomae are of emotional origin.)
3) Due to the presence of an overwhelming external factor only. For instance, taking a large dose of poison would certainly be fatal even if your bioplasmic body were in perfect condition. Or, for example, poor reading habits would eventually result in eye defects.
1) It absorbs, distributes, and energizes the whole physical body with prana or ki. Prana or ki is that vital energy or life force which nourishes the whole body so that it could, together with its different organs, function properly and normally. Without prana, the body would die.
2) It acts as a mold or pattern for the visible physical body. This allows the visible physical body to maintain its shape, form and feature despite years of continuous metabolism. To be more exact, the visible physical body is molded after the bioplasmic body. If the bioplasmic body is de fective, then the visible physical body is defective. They are so closely related that what affects one affects the other. If one gets sick, the other also gets sick. If one gets healed, the other also gets healed. This may manifest gradually or almost instantaneously, assuming that there are no interfering factors.
3) The bioplasmic body, through the chakras or whirlng energy centers, controls and is responsible for the proper functioning of the whole physical body and its different parts and organs. This includes the endocrine glands. The endocrine glands are external manifestations of some of the major chakras. A lot of sicknesses are caused partially by the malfunctioning of one or more chakras.
4) The bioplasmic body, through its health rays and health auras, serves as a protective shield against germs and diseased bioplasmic matter. Toxins, wastes, and germs are expelled by the health rays predominantly via the pores; thereby, purifying the whole physical body.
Pranic or bioplasmic healing involves the use of prana and the manipulation of bioplasmic matter of the patient's body. The following are the basic problems and treatments encountered in pranic healing:
1) In areas where there is pranic depletion, cleansing and pranic energizing are applied to the affected areas. The emphasis is on energizing.
2) In areas where there is pranic congestion, diseased congested bio-plasmic matter is removed or extracted from the affected areas. This is followed by projecting prana to the treated area. The emphasis is on cleansing or decongesting.
3) A malfunctioning chakra is restored by simply cleansing and energizing it with prana.
4) Drooping and entangled health rays are disentangled and strengthened.
5) Blocked meridians or bioplasmic channels are cleansed and energized.
6) Prana leaking out through holes in the outer aura are sealed.
7) Specific types of prana are applied to produce specific results. Certain illnesses need specific type or types of prana to produce faster results.
We will study four levels of pranic healing, moving from simple to more complicated concepts, and from easy to difficult techniques. As you study the material make sure you are comfortable with the first level before moving to the next.
Level One: Elementary Pranic Healing'. At this level, the concepts and techniques are easy to learn. Tactile concentration is required. It takes about three to five sessions to learn the basic principles and techniques and to be able to do simple pranic healing. About one to two months of regular practice and application are necessary to become proficient.
Level Two: Intermediate Pranic Healing: This level is still easy. Pranic breathing is used at this level. The major chakras are explained fully. Visual concentration is still not required. It takes about three to five sessions to learn the basic principles and techniques to be able to start healing more difficult cases. To become proficient, it takes about two months of regular practice and application.
Level Three: Distant Pranic Healing: This level involves a gradual development of one's psychic faculty. It may take at least several months to several years of regular practice and application to become very accurate in diagnosis and to produce specific accurate predetermined results.
Level Four: Advanced Pranic Healing: Visualization is definitely required. A more thorough knowledge of the nature of disease and the properties of the different types of prana is required.
There are several books you should read to help you with your study: The Etheric Double by A. E. Powell. (The Theosophical Publishing House, Quest Books. Wheaton, IL, 1969.) Essentially, this book is a treatise on the etheric body and etheric phenomena. Its contents are largely based on the writings of Madame Blavatsky, C. W. Leadbeater, and Annie Besant. These highly developed clairvoyants conducted clairvoyant researches and experiments. They recorded their observations and conclusions in their writings from 1897-1923.
The following is a summation of main points relevant to the study of pranic healing that are discussed in this book:
1) The whole physical body is actually composed of two bodies: the visible physical body and the invisible etheric body which is made up of finer substances called etheric matter. This etheric body corresponds to what is now called the bioplasmic body.
2) The etheric body is the vehicle of prana or ki.
3) The etheric body has many nadis or etheric channels through which prana or ki flows. These etheric channels are the equivalent of the meridians or bioplasmic channels.
4) The etheric body is the mold or pattern of the visible physical body.
5) The etheric body has several chakras or etheric whirling centers which absorb, digest, and distribute prana and is responsible for the proper functioning of the whole body.
6) Some chakras are psychic faculty centers or the sites of our psychic faculties.
7) Prana can be obtained from sunlight, air, and trees.
8) The visible physical body and its etheric body are so closely interrelated that what affects one also affects the other. Healing is brought about by removing the diseased etheric matter from the patient's etheric body and by transferring or projecting prana from the healer's etheric body to that of the patient's etheric body.
9) A strong health aura acts as a protective shield against germs and infection.
10) People whose limbs have been amputated sometimes complain that they still feel the limb in place. The reason for this is that the etheric counterpart or the etheric mold is still intact.
It should be noted that the existence of the etheric body and other important points mentioned in the preceding items were later verified or rediscovered by Russian scientists. Students should also read Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder (Englewood Cliffs N.J.: Prentice Hall, 1970. Bantam edition 1971). This book describes the extensive scientific investigations on psychic phenomena being conducted in the Soviet Union. Many of the findings merely reconfirm what has been known by esoteric students since the ancient times. All references are made to the Bantam edition. The following is a summation of points students should consider:
1) In 1939, Semyon Davidovich Kirlian and his wife developed kirlian photography based on a high frequency electric field which is used to take pictures of a portion of the invisible energy body or the bioplasmic body (Chap. 16, pp. 202-206).
2) Based on the studies of the Kirlians, it has been observed that disease first manifests on the bioplasmic body before it appears on the visible physical body (Chap. 16, pp. 207-210).
3) At the highly respected Kirov State University in Alma-Ata, a group of biologists, biochemists and biophysicists declared that the bioplasmic body is not merely some sort of plasma-like constellation of ionized, excited electrons, protons and possibly some other particle, but is a whole unified organism in itself which acts as a unit that gives off its own electromagnetic fields (Chap. 17, p. 217).
4) Emotions, states of mind, and thoughts affect the bioplasmic body (Chap. 16, p. 209).
5) Based on the findings of the State University of Kazakhstan, the energy body has a specific organizing pattern that determines the form of the organism. For instance, Dr. Alexander Studitsky at the Institute of Animal Morphology in Moscow minced up muscle tissue and packed it into a wound in a rat's body. An entirely new muscle was grown. From this they concluded that there is some sort of organizing pattern (Chap. 17, p. 218).
6) If a person loses a finger or an arm, he or she still retains the bioplasmic finger or arm so that sometimes he or she feels that it is still there (Chap. 17, p. 216).
7) Dr. Mikhail Kuzmich Gaikin, a Leningrad scientist, confirmed the existence of bioplasmic channels and centers that correspond to the meridians and the acupuncture points described in the ancient Chinese medicine (Chap. 18, pp. 226-229). With the aid of the tobiscope, he accurately pinpointed the location of the acupuncture points. Later, a young physicist, Victor Adamenko, invented an improved version of the tobiscope and called it the CCAP—Conductivity of the Channels of Acupuncture Points which not only locates acupuncture points but also numerically graphs reactions and changes in the bioplasmic body (Chap. 18, p. 232).
8) The acupuncture points correspond to the bright spots in the bio-plasmic body (Chap. 18, p. 226).
9) The Russians also seriously considered the possibility of stimulating certain points in the bioplasmic body to activate latent psychic abilities (Chap. 18, pp. 231-233).
10) Researches done on Russian psychic healers indicate that psychic healing involves a transfer of energy from the bioplasmic body of the healer to the bioplasmic body of his patient (Chap. 18, p. 224).
The Chakras by C. W. Leadbeater (The Theosophical Publishing House, Adyar, Madras, 1927) is another book that deals with the different types of prana once air prana has been digested by the chakras. It also discusses the negative effects of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco on the etheric body. It contains ten colored illustrations of the chakras based on the clairvoyant observations of Mr. Leadbeater.
Theories of the Chakras: Bridge to Higher Consciousness by Hiroshi Mo-toyama (The Theosophical Publishing House, Wheaton, IL, 1981) contains a discussion of the scientific experiments and personal experience of Dr. Hiroshi Motoyama on the chakras. It also gives instructions on how to activate the chakras. The Chinese acupuncture meridians are compared with the Indian nadis. This book is quite interesting and very informative.
You should also read Esoteric Healing by Alice Bailey (Lucis Publishing Company. NY, 1953) and The Aura by W. J. Kilner, 1911. This book was published by Samuel Weiser, Inc. (York Beach, ME, 1976) but it is now out of print. You may be able to find a copy in a second hand bookshop.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About Letting Go, Moving On Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life And Success! Don't be held back by the past - face your guilt and fears and move on! Letting go is merely arriving at a decision, no more allowing something from the past tense to influence your life today or to cut down your inner sense of peace and welfare.