This sequence begins with the upper body, loosens the shoulders and upper back before the neck turns, moves to the middle back, then to the hips, thighs, and calves. It is a top to bottom approach. I teach this sequence in public Qigong classes:
1. Pressing the Heavens with Two Hands Works upper back, neck, shoulders.
2. Drawing the Bow and Letting the Arrow Fly Works shoulders, arms, and thighs.
3. Separating Heaven and Earth Works middle and upper back, shoulders, and stretches spine.
4. Wise Owl Gazes From Side to Side Works neck and upper back.
5. Big Bear Turns from Side to Side Works hips, lower back, thighs, and knees.
6. Punching with Angry Eyes Works thighs, lower back, knees, and shoulders.
7. Touching Toes then Bending Backwards Works lower back, hamstrings, abdominals, hips.
8. Bouncing on the Toes Works calves, thighs and lower back.
Was this article helpful?