1. Before starting post standing you should have already empty your bowels, avoiding from interrupting your post standing,
2. Before post standing you should loose your tie and belt, take off your watch, open shoelaces so that all limbs feel free to move.
3. For beginner in post standing and convalescent practitioner with weaker body, during your post standing exercise you should not close your eyes. Later when you can reach during each training session at least 20 minutes of standing and feel relaxed and happy, than you can naturally close your eyes. But if when you are closing your eyes you feel dizzy or lack of balance, do not hesitate to reopen them and continue your training with eyes opened and looking to a fixed direction.
4. When post standing do not contract your lips but also do not leave your mouth open. Just keep it naturally closed. Upper lip and lower lip should keep a slight space with your teeth.
5. The therapeutical effects of post standing come mainly from the characteristics of the posture itself and your aptitude to maintain it. During this exercise you will progressively taste all different changes happening in your internal body. If you have difficulties to calm your mind you can for example count your breath cycles, a complete cycle including inhale/exhale. But in any case avoid from holding your breath or accelerate/prolong consciously your breath rate. Let your body install by itself breath rate instead of trying to control it.
6. The best time to practice post standing is during set sunrise/sunset where you are not exposed to the dazzling effect of sunshine. In winter and in autumn post standing becomes a very comfortable exercise at these periods of the day.
7. When you are practicing post standing indoor, make sure to refresh regularly the air, temperature should be suitable to the season and try your best to select a place with very quiet surroundings.
8. When leg's muscles are initiating vibrations and your body is starting to sway forward and backward, at this time you should pay attention to control the swaying amplitude: not too large and rather slow. You can use swaying leftward/rightward to control swaying forward/backward. Your swaying movements should be rather reduced in amplitude and low in frequency.
9. At the end of your post standing, you should reduce gradually the amount of physical effort you are enduring: slowly straighten up your both legs, slightly lower your both hands, place back of both hands on your lower back (in front of kidneys) and rest 2-3 minutes. Wait that any sensation of tingling, souring, swelling and aching in four limbs has completely disappear before changing posture.
10. Concerning people suffering from insomnia and more generally practitioner planning their post standing exercise before sleeping, there are two categories of possible scenarios:
a. Just after ending the post standing session, If one will rapidly fall asleep: one belongs to the "apathetic" type. In this case one can practice post standing just before going to bed.
b.After post standing one will be rather excited: one belongs to the "nervous" type. In this case the best option is to practice 2-3 hours before sleeping, so that one will have around 1-2 hours to rest, slow down one's excitement and prepare to a normal sleeping process.
11. Below half hour before or after meal, post standing is not suitable as it is preferable to avoid interference with the normal course of your appetite and digestion.
12. For women in period of menstruation, in the case that there is no perception of discomfort, they can continue post standing exercise but it is recommended to reduce the global amount of physical effort involved in training. If there is any undesirable reaction, they should immediately rest and wait to pass their period of menstruation to restart again post standing.
Was this article helpful?